Access to Estes Park is Limited
- Estes Park's infrastructure is overwhelmed due to the magnitude of the flooding event. Limited resources must be limited to emergency response and recovery.
- The National Park Service confirms that Trail Ridge Road is currently open through Rocky Mountain National Park for essential traffic ONLY. East bound traffic will only consist of community residents, family members of community residents providing support, emergency services and delivery trucks.
- No visitors to the area will be allowed to travel east bound on Trail Ridge Road to Estes Park, even those with advance plans and reservations in the community.
- Vehicle lengths are limited to 90-feet; no weight limit.
- Rocky Mountain National Park is otherwise closed to the public.
SH HIGHWAY 7 Access in Estes Park
- Highway 7 access is restricted to local residents for essential needs, emergency services and deliveries, as well as visitors exiting Estes Park.
- Visitors will not be allowed to return during these conditions
- Emergency personnel, residents of Estes Park, delivery vehicles and other essential visitors will be able to access Estes Park by taking State Highway (SH) 119 north from the Blackhawk/Central City area to Nederland to SH 72 north through Ward to SH 7 and then north to Estes Park through Allenspark.
- CDOT has checkpoints at varying locations along the highway to ensure that only those with critical missions can enter and exit the town until more permanent repairs can be made.
Fort Collins Bridges Still Closed
- Overland Trail
- Shields Street
- Lincoln Street
- Linden Street
Northern and Northeastern Colorado Road Closures
- US 34 between Glade Road and Estes Park
- SH 14 between Ted’s Place and Walden
- US 287 at Big Thompson River in Loveland from SH 402 to 5th Street
- I-25 Frontage Road south of Loveland at MP 256.670 (South of Exit 257, near US 34)
- I-25 ramps at SH 119 (Exit 240)
- SH 71 near Snyder
- I-76 exit ramps at Barlow Road (milepost 82)
- U.S. 34 between Greeley and Wiggins
- SH 39 between Goodrich and I-76
- SH 52 between SH 14 and I-76
- SH 144 between US 34 and CR 13
- US 34 eastbound from Granby to Estes Park - essential travel only - checkpoints in place
- US 34 from 37th Street to County Road 49 in Greeley
- US 36 between Boulder and Estes Park
- SH 7 between Lyons and Estes Park
- SH 60 at US 85 to CR 46
- SH 66 between 53rd Street in Longmont to Lyons
- SH 66 between CR 13 and CR 19
- SH 119 between Boulder and Nederland in Boulder Canyon
- SH 119 between County Line and I-25
- SH 144 Eastbound/Westbound from CR 13 to US 34
- SH 170 between SH 93 and Eldorado Canyon State Park
- SH 257 between SH 60 in Milliken to US 34
Ongoing Closures in the Denver Metro Area
- US 40 at Floyd Hill (MP 269.5 to 270.5)
- SH 72 (Indiana Street) between 72nd Avenue and 80th Avenue
- SH 72 between SH 93 and SH 119 in Coal Creek Canyon